from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The first, highest, or best group in a system of classification.
- noun The most luxurious and most expensive class of accommodations on a commercial airplane, train, passenger ship, or other conveyance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Belonging to the
bestor top groupin a systemof classification.
- adjective Of, or relating to the most
luxuriousand expensiveclass of accommodationon a train, ship, hotel, etc.
- adjective Of, or relating to a class of
- adjective cricket Of, or relating to a
first class match.
- adjective programming Of, or relating to a treatment like that for a
- proper noun A rank in the Boy Scouts of America, above
tenderfootand second class, that traditionally has required proficiency in scoutcraftskills.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.