from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ground floor of a building.
- n. Chiefly British The floor immediately above the ground floor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The floor of a building at the level of the street or surrounding ground; the ground floor
- n. The floor of a building one above the ground floor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The floor next above the ground floor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the floor of a building that is at or nearest to the level of the ground around the building
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.