from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The ground floor of a building.
- noun Chiefly British The floor immediately above the ground floor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun North America The floor of a building at the level of the
streetor surrounding ground; the ground floor
- noun chiefly UK The floor of a building one
abovethe ground floor
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the floor of a building that is at or nearest to the level of the ground around the building
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.