from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pronged instrument for spearing fish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spear with a barb on the end of it, used for catching fish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spear with barbed prongs used for harpooning fish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used for striking fish; a grain. It usually consists of a staff with barbed prongs, and a line fastened above the prongs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
Alteration (influenced by fish) of obsolete fisgig, from Spanish fisga, ultimately from Latin fīxus, fixed; see fix.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the words fish + gig. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.