from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of dividing or opening; the formation of a fissure.
- n. The condition of having fissures.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dividing or opening; the state of being fissured.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of fissuring, or the state of being fissured.
- n. In biology, same as fission, 2.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It may be, moreover, that, when the glacier is at a temperature below 32°, its motion produces extensive fissuration throughout the mass.
A qualitative morphological analysis of cerebellar fissuration defects after neonatal treatment with 6-OHDA in the rat.
In the brain sciences, '' 'gyrification' '' (or '' cortical folding '', '' cortical convolution '', '' fissuration '' or '' fissurization '') refers to both the process and the extent of folding of the [[cerebral cortex]] in [[mammal]] s as a consequence of brain growth during
| title = Abnormalities of cerebellar foliation and fissuration: classification, neurogenetics and
In the brain sciences, gyrification (or cortical folding, cortical convolution, fissuration