from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pigment made of flakes of white lead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The trisnitrate of bismuth.
- n. See under Flack, Paris, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In painting: The purest white lead, in the form of scales or plates. It has the best body of any white. When levigated, it is called body white.
- n. Basic nitrate of bismuth, or pearl-white.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.