Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A control surface on an aircraft wing functioning both as a flap and as an aileron.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. An aircraft control surface at the trailing edge of a wing that acts as an aileron (controlling movement around the longitudinal axis) and a flap (changing the chord line of the wing, thus affecting the angle of attack).


flap + (ail)eron.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.