from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board or structure of boards extending above a dam to increase its capacity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A board placed temporarily upon a milldam, to raise the water in the pond above its usual level.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A board placed temporarily upon a milldam, to raise the water in the pond above its usual level; a flushboard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as flashing-board.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. boarding place along the top of a dam to increase its height
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Waitresses passed her written slips or called out their requests; Nicki made the requisite dish, and then flicked a switch that lit up a number on a flashboard, and the waitress would come and whisk the sundaes and cones and Fribbles away.
You may use one monitor to display the controlling buttons and menu items and another to dedicate to the flashboard.
The city now hires someone to raise and lower the flashboard, with a $15,000 budget from the county.
The report also recommends that a flashboard not be installed because of safety and operation issues.
These consist of stacked flashboard risers in the main lines.
A simple to use bingo flashboard that you can fully customize.
a computer and IBA Bingo Flashboard to your business you will own a fully functional software bingo flashboard and software bingo blower (cage) for your event.