from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A method of preserving unburnished gilding, by touching it with size; also, the coating of size laid over the gilding.
- noun A mode of house-painting in which the paint, from mixture with turpentine, leaves the work flat or without gloss.
- noun The rolling out of metal into sheets by the pressure of rolls or cylinders.
- noun In leather manufacturing, a method of dressing shaved hides.
- noun In sheet-glass manuf., the operation of flattening.
- noun In music, the act of depressing a tone below a true or given pitch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The process or operation of making flat, as a cylinder of glass by opening it out.
- noun A mode of painting,in which the paint, being mixed with turpentine, leaves the work without gloss.
- noun A method of preserving gilding unburnished, by touching with size.
- noun The process of forming metal into sheets by passing it between rolls.
- noun a coat of paint so put on as to have no gloss.
- noun Same as flattening oven, under
- noun A mill in which grains of metal are flatted by steel rolls, and reduced to metallic dust, used for purposes of ornamentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Australia, New Zealand The practice of living, with others, in a
- noun countable A type of
paintthat dries with a flat( matt) finish; a coating of such paint.
- noun The process of applying a coating of flatting paint.
- noun countable A
flatpart of something, a flattening.
- noun The process of becoming flat.
- noun The process of causing something to become flat; the process of
- noun countable An instance of a musical note being
- noun A method of preserving
gilding unburnished, by touching with size.
- noun The process of forming
metalinto sheetsby passing it between rollers.
- verb Present participle of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It is a race I look forward to attending every year and have unfinished business there after flatting out of the lead with a half lap to go a couple years ago.
She could even sing with him, flatting as accurately and deliciously as he.
- Perry looked like she went through lil Kims closet and wtf was she wearing on stage. .wasnt flatting her at all.
Because he sang it, she liked its inanity and monotonousness; and most of all, it seemed to her, she loved his hopeless and adorable flatting of every note.
-The ability to "run" lower pressures without pinch-flatting
You can run the tubular at lower pressure, since the fear of pinch flatting is already lower for a tubular (no sharp rim edges), and it is non-existent for a Tufo, since it has no tube to pinch.
I tried out that flatting filter, very bloody useful, I wish I'd given it a go before now!
Today I had the misfortune of flatting on a downhill.
Also whats nice about it on an aps sized sensor is that its a bit telephoto (about 80mm), so you get a bit that flatting of the focal plane.
And Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Doimo) seized the overall lead from Joaquim Rodriquez (Team Katusha) despite flatting early on and getting a sluggish wheel change to boot.