from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed to be stamped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hopper-shaped box or �nortar in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spill; splash.
- n. A pool: same as flash.
- n. A swamp; a body of standing water grown over with weeds, reeds, etc.
- n. In metallurgy, a hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.
Compare German Flösse a trough in which tin ore is washed. (Wiktionary)
He has given special attention to the study of the healing of wounds, the development of swellings and tumors, and the treatment of wounds in relation to decomposition and the formation of proud flosh.