from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine designed for flight, especially an early experimental type of aircraft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. aircraft (from the early days of flight)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a torch attached to a long staff and used for signaling at night.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contrivance designed to enable its user to fly.
- n. A machine designed to float in and propel itself through the air.
- n. Remarkably successful results have been attained both with dirigible balloons and with “heavier-than-air” machines. See air-ship, and aëroplane.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.