from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A traditional dance originating among the common people of a nation or region.
- n. The music accompanying such a dance.
- n. A social gathering at which folk dances are performed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any dance traditionally performed by the common people of a specific region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perform a folk-dance
- n. a style of dancing that originated among ordinary people (not in the royal courts)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.