from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A traditional dance originating among the common people of a nation or region.
- n. The music accompanying such a dance.
- n. A social gathering at which folk dances are performed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any dance traditionally performed by the common people of a specific region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perform a folk-dance
- n. a style of dancing that originated among ordinary people (not in the royal courts)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The zeal of the folk dance sizzles in his nervous ganglions, or wherever fanaticism does sizzle.