from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music originating among the common people of a nation or region and spread about or passed down orally, often with considerable variation.
- n. Contemporary music in the style of traditional folk music.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any genre of music originating from the ethnic community of a specific region; often not recorded, but passed down orally
- n. contemporary music in the style of traditional folk music
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the traditional and typically anonymous music that is an expression of the life of people in a community
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.