from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A degenerative bacterial infection of the feet in certain hoofed animals, especially cattle or sheep, often resulting in loss of the hoof.
- n. A disease of plants in which the stem or trunk rots at its base.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common infection of the hoof of animals such as cattle, sheep and goat.
- n. A disease of plants, affecting the stalk or the trunk.
- n. athlete's foot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an ulcer in the feet of sheep; claw sickness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied to certain inflammatory affections about the hoof in cattle and sheep. Simple, contagious, and tuberculous foot-rot are distinguished.
- n. A disease of the orange and other citrous trees, supposed to be due to Fusarium Limonis, but also affected by the use of fertilizers and methods of cultivation. Also called gum-disease.
- n. Same as bottom-rot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. contagious degenerative infection of the feet of hoofed animals (especially cattle and sheep)
- n. plant disease in which the stem or trunk rots at the base
Sorry, no etymologies found.