from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One that is an indicated number of feet in height or length. Often used in combination.
- noun Textual information, such as a title, date, or page number, positioned in the bottom margin of a page and usually repeated throughout a document.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who goes on foot; a walker.
- noun In falconry, a hawk which seizes its prey with its talons.
- noun A stroke with the foot; a kick at a foot-ball.
- noun An idler.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a person who travels by foot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun computing A line of information printed at the bottom of a page as identification of the document (compare
- noun in combination something that is a stated number of
feetin some dimension- such as a six-footer.
- noun in combination someone who has a preference for a certain foot - such as
- noun chiefly UK, slang
- verb Ireland (
slang) To meddlewith or pass time without accomplishing anything meaningful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person who travels by foot
- noun (used only in combinations) the height or length of something in feet
- noun a printed note placed below the text on a printed page
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The footer div is the only container I have for the footer as it is outside of the page wrapper. so if I put the width: 800px; in the #footer then the footer doesn't expand all the way along the bottom of the screen which I want it to.
Take the time to ensure the footer is as level as possible.
Often overlooked, the footer is a key location for finding navigational links on your site.
Bryant hit a 21-footer from the left corner and Trevor Ariza followed with a three-pointer as the Lakers ended the game shooting 60% from the floor.
A foundation footer is perhaps one of the most critical aspects of the house.
He hit a short flop shot on the par-3 5th that rolled in and sank a 21-footer from the fringe on No. 6.
Be sure that this type of footer is approved for your area and that the gravel used is crushed and angular.
The only problem with the 12 footer is that I am going to have to move it from my old house to the new one where I live when I am in Mexico.
The primary purpose of the footer is to spread out the weight of the structure across a larger footprint than the foundation would if it were in direct contact with the earth.
Frequently, a concrete footer is 20, 24 or even 30 inches wide and at least 8 inches thick.