from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause something to be ejected
- v. To create an out by touching a base in advance of a runner who has no base to return to while in possession of a ball which has already touched the ground
- n. An instance of an out created by touching a base in advance of a runner who has no base to return to while in possession of a ball which has already touched the ground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. emit or cause to move with force of effort
- v. force with the thumb
- v. press, force, or thrust out of a small space
- v. cause to come out in a squirt
- v. force or drive out
- v. force to leave (an office)
- v. terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- n. a putout of a base runner who is required to run; the putout is accomplished by holding the ball while touching the base to which the runner must advance before the runner reaches that base
- v. expel from one's property or force to move out by a legal process
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.