from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To cause something to be ejected
- verb baseball To create an
outby touching a basein advance of a runner who has no base to return to while in possession of a ballwhich has already touched the ground
- noun baseball An instance of an out created by touching a
basein advance of a runner who has no base to return to while in possession of a ballwhich has already touched the ground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb emit or cause to move with force of effort
- verb force with the thumb
- verb press, force, or thrust out of a small space
- verb cause to come out in a squirt
- verb force or drive out
- verb force to leave (an office)
- verb terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- noun a putout of a base runner who is required to run; the putout is accomplished by holding the ball while touching the base to which the runner must advance before the runner reaches that base
- verb expel from one's property or force to move out by a legal process
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.