from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To judge, form a judgement of, or declare beforehand; foretell; forecast; presage.
- v. To deem or account in advance; consider; take for granted; expect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To recognize or judge in advance; to forebode.
- intransitive v. To know or discover beforehand; to foretell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To judge or declare beforehand; foretell.
- To deem; consider; take for granted; expect.
From Middle English *foredemen, from Old English foredēman ("to prejudge"), equivalent to fore- + deem. (Wiktionary)