from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An end or a result regarded as inevitable: The victory was a foregone conclusion. See Usage Note at foregone.
- n. A conclusion formed in advance of argument or consideration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A predictable or inevitable conclusion, or one made without any consideration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inevitable outcome; a certain result; a certainty.
- transitive v. a conclusion which has preceded argument or examination; a predetermined conclusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inevitable ending
- n. something that is certain
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.