from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of forward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who forwards; the act or occupation of transmitting merchandise or other property for others.
- n. The process of putting a book into its cover, and making it ready for the finisher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Advancing; promoting; expediting; sending forward.
- n. The act or business of sending forward merchandise, etc.; the business of a forwarder. See forwarder, 1.
- n. In bookbinding, the operations of putting on the covers and back, rounding the back, trimming the edges, adding bands, lining, and all other work, after the sewing of the sheets, that is needed to prepare the book for the finisher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the advancement of some enterprise
- n. the act of sending on to another destination
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The fact that other book awards that specifically celebrate race/creed/religious/ethnic backgrounds manage to meet their objectives without this contingency negates the argument of the necessity of a book creator's race to be a criteria in forwarding the cause of the group, unless one is willing to say that these other awards are not meeting their objectives, in which case I would reiterate, don't be hating.
Do you think that flash forwarding is almost an easy way out?
I understand how you want to nail this to Rumsfeld, but the fact is he did the appropriate thing in forwarding the question to the correct party.
Elise Ackerman of the Mercury News covers the story of Comcast blocking mail forwarding from the Well:
It occurs to me that if President Bush and Vice President Cheney think this is a "vital tool," then I feel perfectly comfortable in forwarding that urgent message I got this morning from the Nigerian widow who wants me to share her $250,000 inheritance.
However, one must also remember those terrorist insurgents who were so successful in forwarding the revolution that then resulted in the formation of what is now known as the United States of America.
We cannot be responsible for MAIL FORWARDING, but will assist in forwarding mail for Members via the Lake Chapala Society who pay Box Rent on at least a six months basis.
USPS mail forwarding is meant to be temporary - it isn't that reliable.
He would activate the call forwarding to his home telephone number, securing the identity of his location.
Using the powerful find me follow me call forwarding option, business calls can be answered on your personal telephone numbers including home landlines and cell numbers.