from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A pen filled from an external source and containing an ink reservoir that automatically feeds the writing point.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A pen containing a reservoir of ink, which is fed to a writing nib automatically.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a pen with a reservoir in the handle which furnishes a supply of ink.
  • n. See under Fountain, and Geometric.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A writing-pen with a reservoir for furnishing a continuous supply of ink.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a pen that is supplied with ink from a reservoir in its barrel


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.