from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shallow, long-handled pan used for frying food. Also called skillet; also called regionally fry pan, spider.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long-handled, shallow pan used for frying food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an iron pan with a long handle, used for frying meat, vegetables, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shallow pan, commonly of iron, with a long handle, used for frying meat and vegetables.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pan used for frying foods
Beneath it was an emergency kit of medi - cines, a large lunch box, a pair of Reed's boots and a bulging bag which rattled with coffee pot, frying pan and sauce pans.
After her return, after that heart-sinking moment of coming back to the greasy frying pan and the littered table, there was cleaning.
Having jumped from one frying pan into the next, the Chatmans understandably feel it might do little good to move elsewhere in Buffalo.
Then the huge blackamoor approached the frying pan and upset it with the branch and went forth by the way he came in.