from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A protective metal tube containing pellets of fuel for a nuclear reactor.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Any of a bundle of long zirconium tubes, filled with pellets of uranium oxide, that are stacked inside a nuclear reactor


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.