from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, such as a person or an organization, that raises funds.
- n. A social function, such as a dinner, held for raising funds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An event undertaken to get money for a particular activity, such as equipment for extracurricular sports programs, or to defray laboratory costs (salaries) for research of a cure for a particular disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who solicits financial contributions
- n. a social function that is held for the purpose of raising money
President Obama's fundraising far outpaces any of the five presidents he succeeded, lending an air of credibility to the term "fundraiser in chief."
I still think the best boobie fundraiser is the boobiethon.
The Clinton fundraiser is being described as 'strictly proforma', and he may be willing to do one for the incumbent too from the sounds of it.
Sanford, a prodigious fundraiser, is sitting on nearly $1.69 million in his gubernatorial election account, and he still has roughly $128,000 in his congressional account, according to his most recent campaign finance reports.
The best part about that part of our annual fundraiser is that some of the students get to attend because their parents are treating them to a fun afternoon at a professional animation studio, but the majority of students who attend are kids from local schools whose tuition has been sponsored by generous individuals and Bay Area companies.
According to Politico. com, both the DGA and Mr. Caprio tried to get the White House to move a presidential fundraiser from the home of two well-known Chafee supporters to a more neutral location.
Wisconsin fundraiser Duane Kolve, who wrote to Judge David O. Carter vouching for Gold's good character.
The fundraiser is a perfect example of the trouble he is in.
Sen. Obama's private fundraiser is totally different to Sen. McBush, Sen. Obama did not have Bill Clinton at his fundraiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U.S. News's James Pethokoukis reports that a McCain fundraiser has learned that Mike Huckabee is at the top of McCain's list of potential running mates.