from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A construction of gabions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A traverse made with gabions between guns or on their flanks, protecting them from enfilading fire.
- n. A structure of gabions sunk in lines, as a core for a sand bar in harbor improvements.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In fortification, a work formed chiefly of gabions, especially the gabions placed to cover guns from an enfilading fire.
- n. Any hydraulic structure composed in whole or part of gabions sunk in a stream to control the current.
Sorry, no etymologies found.