from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of galvanizing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of process of galvanizing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of galvanizing, or the state of being so affected. Also spelled galvanisation.
- n. Therapeutic application of the constant electric current by means of the active electrode passed slowly to and fro over the surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either the work of covering with metal by the use of a galvanic current or the coating of iron with zinc to protect it from rusting
- n. stimulation with a galvanic current
- n. stimulation that arouses a person to lively action
With regards to the "galvanization"...we shall see.
AZZ makes specialty electrical equipment for power companies and other customers and provides galvanization services in other words, corrosion resistance for steel makers.
If the harder tasks have remained unmet, this is precisely because they are harder tasks—more fiercely protected by beneficiaries of the status quo, less conducive to the galvanization of popular pressure for reform.
Josh Marshall notes a Sunday Hartford Courant piece all about the sudden galvanization of the Lieberman campaign due to “his obvious need to pick up the pace.”
Lack of awareness and understanding by the general community encouraged a galvanization of international endorsements for what were worthless toxic assets from the outset.
If I'm reading this right, this total is the baseline before any Palin galvanization, including the haul Obama got from the DNC.
And now that Obama is the likely Dem nominee there'll be no Clinton-hatred for inspiration or as a galvanization tool.
I see the march and rally as a national battle cry following a weekend of training and galvanization to help us take the energy of our communities collective concerns equality in all things governed by civil law back home with each of us.
And a galvanization, actually, of people trying to figure out how they can come together and make Mumbai, and India, a safer and better place, Richard.
The other fronts are the organization and galvanization of the members and the controlling of the story in the media.