from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Sports The strategy devised before or used during an event.
- noun A strategy for reaching an objective.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A plan for achieving an objective (especially in some sport).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic Any
strategydevised to reach a given objective.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (figurative) a carefully thought out strategy for achieving an objective in war or politics or business or personal affairs
- noun (sports) a plan for achieving an objective in some sport
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word game plan.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.