from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • adj. Having or characterizing a corolla with partially or wholly fused petals.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. Having petals wholly or partially fused such that the corolla takes the form of a tube

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Having the petals united or joined so as to form a tube or cup; monopetalous.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • In botany, having the petals united at the base; belonging to the Gamopetal├Ž: same as monopetalous.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • adj. having a corolla composed of partially or wholly fused petals forming a corolla shaped like a tube or funnel


gamo- + petal + -ous (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.