from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An eastern Asian herb (Allium tuberosum) having flat leaves, small white flowers, and elongated bulbs covered with a fibrous coat.
- noun The leaves of this plant used as a seasoning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A plant which has long, thin, white-flowering stalks, related to
- noun The garlic-flavoured leaves of this plant used as a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun large flat leaves used as chive is used
- noun a plant of eastern Asia; larger than Allium schoenoprasum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.