from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The medical study of the stomach and its diseases.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A treatise on the stomach.
- noun The art of cookery or of catering to the demands of the stomach.
- noun The scientific study of diseases of the stomach and of their treatment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The science which treats of the structure and functions of the stomach; a treatise of the stomach.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the
scientific studyof the stomach
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From gastro-, from Ancient Greek γαστήρ (gaster, "stomach") and -logy, from -λογία (logia, "study of"). Gastro- and gastric (meaning related to the stomach) are both derived from the Greek word.
Sorry, no example sentences found.