from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The medical study of the stomach and its diseases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the scientific study of the stomach
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the structure and functions of the stomach; a treatise of the stomach.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A treatise on the stomach.
- n. The art of cookery or of catering to the demands of the stomach.
- n. The scientific study of diseases of the stomach and of their treatment.
From gastro-, from Ancient Greek γαστήρ (gaster, "stomach") and -logy, from -λογία (logia, "study of"). Gastro- and gastric (meaning related to the stomach) are both derived from the Greek word. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.