from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To castrate (a horse, for example).
- transitive v. To deprive of strength or vigor; weaken.
- n. A tax paid to the crown by English landholders under Anglo-Saxon and Norman kings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Money; notably:
- v. To castrate a male (usually an animal).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Money; tribute; compensation; ransom.
- transitive v. To castrate; to emasculate.
- transitive v. To deprive of anything essential.
- transitive v. To deprive of anything exceptionable; ; to expurgate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To castrate; emasculate: used especially of emasculating animals for economic purposes.
- Hence To deprive of anything essential.
- To expurgate, as a book or other writing.
- In apiculture, to cut out old combs from (a hive) so that new ones may be built.
- Gelded; castrated; rendered impotent.
- Barren; sterile.
- Not with young: as, a geld cow; a geld ewe.
- Poor; needy.
- n. A payment, tax, tribute, or fine: in modern histories and law-books in reference to the Anglo-Saxon period, chiefly in composition, as in Danegeld, wergeld or wergild, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)
That's gelt, Yiddish for dinero, not to be confused with geld, meaning "to castrate," though, come to think of it, that may be something to look at down the road for some impecunious serial inseminators who clog up the system.
En ik betwijfel of het allemaal 'goede hackers' zijn, die gasten doen het niet om een technische prestatie neer te zetten maar voeren een standaardtrucje uit om geld te verdienen.
They suggest instead providing free hay to economically strapped owners; opening low-cost clinics to geld horses to reduce breeding; even requiring anyone buying a horse to pay an up-front fee to cover euthanasia by a veterinarian when needed.
Nederlands · Japan: De walvisjacht, voor wetenschappelijk onderzoek of om geld te verdienen?
The agency also planned to geld about 175 stallions in Wyoming last summer, but backed off under fire from animal-rights activists.
The pilot project in Nevada, which aims to geld 200 stallions over the next six to 10 years, was designed to let scientists study the efficacy and side effects of castration, said Heather Emmons, a bureau spokeswoman.
Sure, only a million or so of us lovesick fans are still waiting by the "phone," but, heck, a million sales for an e-book is good geld for producers and writers, and allow us some closure and a civilized chance to say goodbye.
One was Tucker Carlson, who seemed fixated on the possibility that the candidate might geld him.
Only this time we will not forget or forgive either their traitorous attempts to geld the Constitution nor their aid and comfort to the enemy.
And he make me sure what he can do i also can do, as long as i make a determination and force myself to do it every second, Crazy just like him. wow geld I learn one setence from his book ever: maple story items If you want to succeed always force yourself to do more.