from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a generic manner.
- adv. With regard to a genus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With regard to a genus, or an extensive class.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With regard to genus or kind; in a generic way; to a generic extent; by generic rank or classification: as, to separate two species generically; an animal generically related to another.
- Distinctly; markedly: as, our aims are generically different.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without a trademark or brand name
- adv. as sharing a common genus
"Windows mobile (using the term generically here) is way, way behind and has significant cost disadvantages for handset OEMs."
The church and here I use the term generically, to refer to the organized institutions that promote a particular faith, without regard to which faith is being described has many times played a critical role in supporting justice and benevolence.
If Xerox were to allow others to use the term generically, it could lose this valuable asset.
Early writers sometimes use the term generically for all Hindus in western India.
I should not omit to notice, that in speaking of the duty of the master, I use the term generically
Have you seen most of the Zambonis (here I use the term generically to cover all ice resurfacers) in the world.
DuPont, but most people use the term generically to refer to nonstick pans.
Most of them use the term generically in reference to facilities and health care providers, but not so when it comes to "wellness program grants."
Though he used the word generically, I actually had a large number of fan clubs, even among maiko and geiko in other karyukai in Kyoto and geisha throughout the country.
Like other "European" style (I'm using this term generically, but I probably shouldn't be) panniers, the Basil Memphis bags attach to your rear bicycle rack using two pairs of belt-style nylon straps with metal hooks, making it fairly easy to attach them to racks that have different tubing sizes.