from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a historical term for Hindus (as opposed to Muslims) in Mughal era India.
- n. a historical name of the Telugu language.
- n. the gentoo penguin (Pygoscelis papua), a species of penguin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native of Hindostan; a Hindoo.
- n. A penguin (Pygosceles tæniata).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the Hindus; Hindu: a word common in English use in the last century, but no longer employed.
- n. A Hindu.
- n. A Hindu language.
- n. A kind of penguin, the Pygoscelis tæniata.
The gentoo is the most strongly marked of all the smaller varieties of penguins as far as colouring is concerned, and it far surpasses the adelie in weight of legs and breast, the points that particularly appealed to us.
The chinstrap is cute and small, with a thin black line from the beak to the back of the head, and the gentoo are a bit bigger, and darker with red beaks.
At this time in the records other cloth, not intended for export, was termed "gentoo" cloth.
When I boot and choose 'gentoo', it comes till choosing keyboard and the tries to mount devices and gives the following error.
... and from the same site as the last link, a good run down on which compiler flags to use when optimizing a linux source distro such as gentoo (or even just compiling any program I suppose).
The first involves the inadvertent rescue of a gentoo penguin from a pod of orcas.
He also has a gentoo migration guide as well, for moving to gentoo with minimul downtime.
Found some sexy gentoo themed matrix wallpaper in the gentoo forums.
Found this post in the gentoo forums with a script to suck down a whole wack of truetype fonts.
Link for self: Complete guide to Snort, MySQL, and Acid on gentoo from the forums.