from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Almost glabrous or becoming glabrous with age or maturity: glabrate stems.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Becoming smooth (as if with age)
- adj. Somewhat glabrous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Becoming smooth or glabrous from age.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, smooth; bald; glabrous; having no hair or other appendages.—
- In botany, becoming glabrous from age; somewhat glabrous.
glabr(ous) + -ate1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.