from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several Eurasian plants of the genus Echinops having bipinnately dissected leaves with prickly margins and dense, bluish, globose flower heads.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a thistlelike plant with the flowers in large globular heads (Cynara Scolymus); also, certain species of the related genus Echinops.
- n. etc. See under Globe, Melon, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Echinops, natural order Compositæ: so called from the thistle-like foliage and the globular form of the flower-heads. See cut under Echinops.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Echinops having prickly leaves and dense globose heads of bluish flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.