from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having a globelike shape; spheroid.
- noun A globe-shaped object.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Approaching a globular form; globe-shaped; spheroid.
- noun In botany, an amorphous or globular concretion of a double phosphate of calcium and magnesium, associated with the protein-crystals in protein-granules.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun mathematics A
sphericalrepresentation or projectionof a sphereor ellipsoid.
- noun Mathematical connotation of
- adjective mathematics Of, or pertaining to, a
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The bill would add five lysosomol storage diseases to the newborn screening panel: Pompe disease or acid maltase deficiency; Krabbe disease or globoid cell leukodystrophy; Gaucher's disease; Niemann-Pick disease; and Fabry disease.
The pathological changes observed in GLD, including the presence of globoid cells (macrophages containing undigested galactosylceramide) in white matter, loss of oligodendrocytes and decreased myelin, appear to result from the toxic nature of psychosine and accumulation of galactosylceramide that cannot be degraded due to the GALC deficiency.