from The Century Dictionary.
- noun ĺ. A genus of dipterous insects, or flies, of the family Muscidæ. G. morsitans is the terrible tsetse-fly.
- noun A genus of brachiopods, of the family Lingulidæ.
- noun A genus of pyralid moths: same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A blood-sucking African fly that transmits sleeping sickness etc.; the tsetse fly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun bloodsucking African fly; transmits sleeping sickness etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.