from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun An instrument for recording the movements of the tongue, as in speaking.
  • noun Same as glossographer, 1.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • We can find references to glottogonic, ` relating to the origin of language or languages '; glottic for ` linguistic'; glossic, for a phonetic writing system, a replacement of an earlier glossotype; and glossograph, an electrical device to reproduce speech automatically.

    VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol X No 4


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.