from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The art or process of carving or engraving on precious stones.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The art or process of carving or engraving, particularly of engraving on gems or the like.
- noun A description of the art of gemengraving.
- noun The knowledge of engraved gems.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun rare The art or process of engraving on precious stones.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun art
carvingor engravingon precious stone
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun carvings or engravings (especially on precious stones)
- noun carving or engraving (especially on stones)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Tate Gallery, from Felix Summerley to a Hollyer photograph, from the introduction of glyptography to the pictures in the _Daily Chronicle_, demand notice.
Etruscan glyptography has not a transitional period, 140.
There is one peculiarity to be noted in the glyptography of the
We may therefore divide Etruscan glyptography into:
B.C.,) the Dynasty in which lived the Amen-em-hats and the Usertsens, the great early art period of the Egyptian empire,  the Egyptians engraved on amethyst, jasper and rock crystal, and at that early period did some of the most beautiful work remaining to us of their glyptography.