from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A period of great peace, prosperity, and happiness.
- noun Greek & Roman Mythology The first age of the world, an untroubled and prosperous era during which people lived in ideal happiness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
happyage of peaceand prosperity.
- noun A time of great
progressor achievementin a particular field.
- noun The
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any period (sometimes imaginary) of great peace and prosperity and happiness
- noun (classical mythology) the first and best age of the world, a time of ideal happiness, prosperity, and innocence; by extension, any flourishing and outstanding period
- noun a time period when some activity or skill was at its peak
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.