from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Eurasian golden plover, Pluvialis apricaria
- n. Pacific golden plover, Pluvialis fulva
- n. American golden plover, Pluvialis dominic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. one of several species of plovers, of the genus Charadrius, esp. the European (Charadrius apricarius, syn. Charadrius pluvialis; -- called also yellow plover, black-breasted plover, hill plover, and whistling plover. The common American species (Charadrius dominicus) is also called frostbird, and bullhead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plovers of Europe and America having the backs marked with golden-yellow spots
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.