from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- interjection Used to express a greeting or an acknowledgment of parting in the morning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- interjection Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- interjection by extension, humorous used to greet someone who has just
awakened(irrespective of the time of day).
- interjection by extension, informal Said to someone who has come to a
- interjection A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
- noun An
exerciseperformed by bending forward at the waistand then returning to a standing posture, while bearing a barbellacross the shoulders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
An ellipsis for an expression such as “I wish you a good morning.”
Sorry, no example sentences found.