from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A governor who has under him subordinate or deputy governors; a viceroy: as, the governorgeneral of Canada.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A governor who has lieutenant or deputy governors under him.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Canada, Australia An official appointed by the reigning
Britishmonarch to govern a Commonwealthrealm as the monarch's representative.
- noun politics An official in a similar position in other countries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a governor of high rank
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.