from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An official appointed by the reigning British monarch to govern a Commonwealth realm as the monarch's representative.
- n. An official in a similar position in other countries.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A governor who has lieutenant or deputy governors under him.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A governor who has under him subordinate or deputy governors; a viceroy: as, the governorgeneral of Canada.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a governor of high rank
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.