from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A container filled with articles, such as party gifts, to be drawn unseen.
- noun Slang A miscellaneous collection.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A bag containing articles to be obtained by thrusting the hand within and seizing one, the privilege of doing so being previously bought, a common money-getting device at charitable fairs; figuratively, any unscrupulous device for gain or spoils, into which the element of uncertainty enters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
gift, purchase, etc. whose contents are concealeduntil after a selectionis made
- noun idiomatic any
random assortment, selection or possibility
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a container from which a person draws a wrapped item at random without knowing the contents
- noun an assortment of miscellaneous items
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From grab + bag.
Sorry, no example sentences found.