from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The pungent aromatic seeds of a tropical African plant (Aframomum melegueta) used medicinally and for flavoring beverages.
- n.pl. The seeds of cardamom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The seeds of a plant (Aframomum melegueta) in the ginger family native to West Africa used as a spice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the seeds of a species of amomum.
- n. See Melequeta pepper, under Pepper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. West African plant bearing pungent peppery seeds
From medieval spice traders claiming that the spice grew only in Eden, in order to inflate prices. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.