from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A nobleman who is the sovereign of a grand duchy.
- noun A son or grandson of a czar in the male line.
- noun Used as the title for such a nobleman.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
grand duke, under grand.
- noun The great horned owl of continental Europe, Bubo maximus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Ruler or monarch of a
- noun Son or grandson of a
czar( emperor) of the Russian Empire. (A more literal translation of the Russian would be "grand prince".)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a prince who rules a territory
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Old French grant duc, from Latin grandis + dux, from the verb duco ("to lead").
Sorry, no example sentences found.