from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several greenish nonvenomous snakes, especially Opheodrys vernalis of eastern North America or Natrix natrix of Europe.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
ringed snake(which see, under snake).
- noun In the United States, the green-snake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A nonvenomous
snake, Natrix natrix, native to Europe, with a yellow collar.
- noun A greenish nonvenomous
snake, Opheodrys vernalis, of North America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of numerous nonvenomous longitudinally-striped viviparous North American and Central American snakes
- noun harmless European snake with a bright yellow collar; common in England
- noun either of two North American chiefly insectivorous snakes that are green in color
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.