from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to measurement by weight.
- adj. Of or relating to measurement of variations in a gravitational field.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to measurement by weight.
- adj. Of or pertaining to measurement of the local gravitational field.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to measurement by weight; measured by weight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to measurement by weight: specifically applied in chemistry to a method of analyzing compound bodies by decomposing them and finding the weight of their elements: opposed to volumetric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to hydrometry
It seems ironic that mass spectrometry, the center of my scientific life for the last 20 years, is really just an exercise in gravimetric analysis!
The European researchers proposed counting solid diesel particles using particle instruments in addition to weighing them after collecting them in a filter, known as the gravimetric method.
Vol, use the warp engines to counter the gravimetric waves.
It might just be a gravimetric distortion from the string itself, but it just might be caused by the passage of a cloaked ship.
What if we link the antimatter containment field to the gravimetric ambience.
Wormholes, subspace distortion fields, gravimetric distortions . . .
Assuming it is a Ferengi marauder and not just a gravimetric eddy.
When Scotty and Leah returned to the bridge, waves of gravimetric interference were reaching out like claws to try and drag the saucer into the wormhole.
“And the gravimetric interference patterns between them create a wormhole link from point to point, allowing energy to come off the string . . .”
The deck was beginning to vibrate slightly as they plunged through the gravimetric distortions radiating from the Infinite.