from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hand-powered pump used to force grease under pressure into bearings.
- n. A submachine gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a levered device for forcing grease into machinery.
- n. a small machine gun, particularly the .45 calibre M3 used by the US in WW2.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A device held in the hand, having a supply of grease and attached to a reservoir of pressurized air, used to force grease between adjacent moving parts of a machine, especially in the bearings of motor vehicles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hand-operated pump that resembles a revolver; forces grease into parts of a machine
Sorry, no etymologies found.