from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several slender, yellow-green nonvenomous North American snakes of the genus Opheodrys, such as the grass snake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. one of two harmless American snakes (Cyclophis vernalis, and C. æstivus). They are bright green in color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of two different kinds of grass-snakes of the United States, of a bright-green color, uniform over all the upper parts (changing to bluish in spirits), and of very slender form:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous African colubrid snakes
- n. either of two North American chiefly insectivorous snakes that are green in color
Sorry, no etymologies found.