from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Jealous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having green eyes.
- Figuratively, having the mental perception disturbed, as by passion, especially by jealousy; seeing all things discolored or distorted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having green eyes.
- adjective Seeing everything under the influence of emotions which discolor or distort.
- adjective suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of a person or animal, having green eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival
Sorry, no etymologies found.
“Tell me, you green-eyed whelp,” he whispered, leaning down.
Hap was halfway through an old document in a forgotten language from a faraway land, which told of a seldom seen, mischievous green-eyed people, when Umber lowered the notebook from his face to reveal a solemn gaze.
When green-eyed, Jewish Mormon girlElla, daughter of Joanna Brooksasks, What am I, this will be heranswer:
One mom who can't quite reconcile Connie's brown skin and black hair with my green-eyed blonde complexion asks indiscreetly, “Peruvian adoption?” to which I simply nod instead of asking, “Fertility treatments?” about the squalling brood in her triple-wide stroller.
I feel myself about to go off, feeling the green-eyed monster rearing its ugly head.
Then a gorgeous green-eyed girl slipped in, closing the door behind her.
The latest cause of his discontent was Marjorie Severyns, a striking twenty-five-year-old green-eyed brunette from Yakima County, Washington.
Before he completes his heroic cycle, Obama will confront green-eyed seductresses, Sirens, blind seers, lotus-eaters, the “ghosts” of the underworld, the God-guide Hermes, and about a half-dozen sundry “demons.”
Wright: I have no problem playing the green-eyed monster.
Still, I decide to stroke the green-eyed monster, soothe its raging spirit.