from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Hares, rabbits, and other running game, as distinguished from flying game, as pheasants, grouse, partridges, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun UK, law, uncountable
- noun martial arts Hand-to-hand
combatin which both fighters are on the ground, or skill in such combat
- noun golf
Putting; hitting the ball along the ground
- noun American football, countable Running with the ball, rather than
- noun US, politics, countable Local political
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.